Amber C. Brown
(for a printer friendly version click – A. C. Brown CV (PDF)
(for a resume tailored to education visit here)
- 2009 – BFA Painting, Old Dominion University (summa cum laude)
- 2009 – BA Art History, Old Dominion University (summa cum laude)
- 2009 – Teacher Certification, Old Dominion University
- 2006 – Museum Collections, Old Dominion University’s Berlin Study Abroad
- ‘11-current – Marketing Manager, Bare Essentials Natural Market, Boone NC
- Manage and augment advertising campaigns, social media platforms, website, vendor partnership program, and online practitioner directory.
- Perform copyediting and writing, event planning, and project management.
- Additional managerial duties include closing the store, counting tills, customer service, and running financial reports.
- 2009-2011 Associate, Art Walk Gallery, Boone, North Carolina
- Wrote copy for weekly press releases.
- Maintained merchandizing and exhibition displays.
- Performed data entry and customer service.
- Opened and closed the store, counted tills and ran financial reports.
- 2008-09, 05-06 Library Assistant, Old Dominion University Hofheimer Art Library
- Offered research assistance and education.
- Performed circulation and collection maintenance, data entry and secretarial duties.
- 2008 – Student Teacher, Art K-12, Monroe Elementary, Norfolk, Virginia, Hampton High, Hampton, Virginia (14 weeks)
- 2007 – Teacher’s Assistant, Girl Scout pottery class, Old Dominion University
- 2007 – Team Teacher, Saturday Morning Art Classes, Old Dominion University
- 2007 – Teacher’s Assistant, Park Place Private School, Norfolk, Virginia
Awards and Recognition
- 2009 – Three Outstanding Student Awards: Art History, Studio Art and Art Education.
- 2008 – Charles K. Sibley Art Scholarship (Art History research review)
- 2005 – Dean’s Education Abroad Award.
- 2005 – Ralph and Charlotte Margolius Scholarship (Art Dept. portfolio review).
- 2004 – Golden Key International Honor Society.
- 2004 – Lewis and Virginia Webb Scholarship Endowment.
- 2003 – Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society.
- 2002 – Monarch Pride Scholarship.
- 2002 – Princess Anne High School Art Club Scholarship.
- Dust: Machine, New Works by Sara Leverett and Amber Brown, Nth Degree Gallery, Boone, North Carolina (invitational)
- 8th Annual Appalachian Mountain Photography Competition, Turchin Center for the Visual Arts, Boone, North Carolina (juried)
- The Halloween Show, Nth Degree Gallery, Boone, North Carolina (juried)
- Valle Country Art and Craft Fair, Valle Crucis, North Carolina (juried)
- The Miniature Show, Nth Degree Gallery, Boone, North Carolina (juried)
- Photo Review: International Photography Competition, Juror: Toby Jurovics, Curator of Photography, Smithsonian American Art Museum, Washington, D.C., publication in The Photo Review Journal 2007 Competition Issue (catalogue)
- Photo 2007 Competition, B.J. Spoke Gallery, Huntington, New York, Juror: Erin Barnett, Assistant Curator, Collections, International Gallery of Photography, New York, New York
- A Child’s Epiphany, BFA Senior Exhibition, YWCA, Norfolk, Virginia (solo)
- Stockley Gardens Fall Arts Festival, College Division, Stockley Gardens, Norfolk, Virginia, 1st Place Futures Award (juried)
- New Waves Exhibition, Contemporary Art Center of Virginia, Virginia Beach, Virginia, Juror: Andrea Rollan, Director of The Curator’s Office, Washington, D.C., honorable mention
- Exhibitionists 4, Old Dominion University Gallery, Norfolk, Virginia, Jurors: university faculty
- Student Art League Juried Photography Show, Webb Center, Norfolk, Virginia
- Contemplation: Works by Students from Old Dominion University, Fleming Gallery, Contemporary Art Center of Virginia, Virginia Beach, Virginia (invitational)
- Student and Professor Group Installation, Glover Gallery, Norfolk, Virginia
- Student Art League Drawing Exhibit, Webb Center, Norfolk, Virginia
- 2009 – Presenter at Old Dominion University’s Undergraduate Research Symposium, Art History Division.
Professional Service and Organizations
- 2007-2008 – Member of the National Art Education Association.
- 2004-2005 – Treasurer for the Student Art League at Old Dominion University.
Gallery hanging, exhibition advertisement and sales, Mac and PC experience, Photoshop, professional blogging, digital photography, drawing, installation, craft arts, assemblage.
Travel and Foreign Languages
- Basic German (12 credit hours)
- Berlin, Art History study-abroad trip
- Japan, personal art research
- Ben Henderson – Business Owner
Angela Walsh – Associate Manager
Steve Wyatt – Manager
Bare Essentials Natural Market
273 Boone Heights Drive
Boone, NC 28607
- Leanne Salt – former manager of ArtWalk
- Stuart L. Frazer – Head of Access Services
Perry Library, Old Dominion University
4427 Hampton Blvd.
Norfolk, VA 23529